The AOWMA is hosting an LFH At-Grade Field Training Workshop in Gibbons, AB, date to be announced. This practical training workshop is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience building an LFH At-Grade Onsite Wastewater Treatment System.
The expected outcomes for this training are listed below:
- Understand the basic principles of how an LFH At-Grade works – secondary treatment anddispersal horizontally through the LFH layer. Apply soil evaluation information. Understandground water mounding.
- Learn LFH At-Grade design configurations and materials.
- Basic knowledge of utilizing topography of installation site.
- Know factors in locating the LFH At-Grade – slope vs. level, clearance separations, verticalseparations, appropriate wood chip cover material.
- Ability to bed tank properly and excavate delivery line.
- Ability to build pressure distribution laterals for distribution system, orientation of orifices,spacing, etc.
- Ability to assist with construction of LFH At-Grade, pressure distribution system, chamberplacement, wood chip cover placement and all other aspects of LFH At-Grade construction.
- This will be a complete LFH At-Grade installation in the field.
Pre-registration only – Space is limited to 20 people so save your spot now.
Please contact the AOWMA office with any questions you may have at 780-489-7471 or toll free at
1-877-489-7471. We look forward to seeing you out in the field.