The AOWMA is hosting a Mound Installation Field Training Workshop in the Okotoks Region (Foothills County), AB on August 10, 2023.
This practical training workshop is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience building a Sand Mound Onsite Wastewater Treatment System. Installers who have recently completed the Onsite Wastewater Practitioner Training Program will be able to take their new knowledge and apply it on-site. Experienced designers and installers should also consider this opportunity to continue their education. The expected outcomes for this training are listed below:
- Understand the basic principles of how mounds work – treatment in sand layer and dispersal horizontally. Apply soil evaluation information. Understand ground water mounding.
- Learn mound design configurations and materials; sand layer, fill, gravel, chambers.
- Basic knowledge of utilizing topography of installation site.
- Know factors in locating the mound – slope vs. level, clearance separations, vertical separations, fill materials for raised bed.
- Ability to bed tank properly and excavate delivery line.
- Ability to build pressure distribution laterals for mound, orientation of orifices, spacing, etc.
- Ability to assist with preparation of basal area (soil interface).
- Ability to assist with construction of sand layer, pressure distribution system, chamber placement, berm placement and all other aspects of mound construction.
- This will be a complete mound installation in the field.
Pre-registration only – Space is limited to 20 people so save your spot now!